Quote of the Week
“I’ve never been lost, but I was mighty turned around for three days once.”
— Daniel Boone
“Understanding How Other’s Misunderstand You”
(The DISC Personalities)
By Ken Voges and Ron Braund
“One Minute After You Die”
by Erwin W. Lutzer
Videos of the week
Want to laugh? One day we got on YouTube and found all sorts of videos of laughing babies–it just makes you laugh to hear them laugh! Here are two of the best! The last one should make you laugh, too, only it isn’t about babies .
The best brownies ever!!
- 1 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cups chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Melt butter and chocolate together; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Stir in pecans if desired.
- Spread into a greased 9″ X 13″ baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: about 24 brownies
Farmgirl Favorites–Harp Websites
If you like harp…this is a fun website to go to. You can hear clips of the harps being played .
This website also has clips of their harps being played : )
This store is just perfectly wonderful : ) They have everything you need, harp-wise : )
I stumbled across this blog a few weeks ago, and especially enjoyed her post, “How my weirdest hobby can help you!” She shares my name, and my love for lists…and giggling .
Noah: “We were running and all my breath is out!”
November 1st, 2009 by Leah
Tonight while reading “This is What Would Happen if Everybody Did” to Isaiah, we came to the “Always cry? This is what would happen if everybody did” and I pointed out to him all the people crying. He said, “n’, spank them!” Then we came to “stay up? This is what would happen if everybody did” He saw all the people with their mouths wide open (yawning) and said, “spank, spank, spank!”
Noah got a birthday card in the mail from some friends of ours and said, “Bekah! Look at my card! And they spend me a dollar!”
October 23, 2006 by Jessica
While riding in the van one day, Bekah asked me, “How do you spell a hundred? One, zero, zero?
“How do you spell it in numbers, like A, B, C, D?”
November 8th, 2006 by Leah
This morning Noah and Isaiah were crying, and Charissa said, ” I wish we could just we-wind this!” (rewind)
I would rather fast forward : )