25 Things I’m Thankful/Happy For…
1. Lists! I love making lists of things I’ve sewn, books I’ve read, things to do, things I want to do…etc, etc, etc. That’s partly why I’m doing this list 😀 I even have a list that I call my ‘brain’…so when I lose it and I ask my sisters if they’ve seen ‘my brain’, they sometimes reply ‘I hope it’s still in your head!’
2. I can now say that I am ‘a quarter of a century’
3. I have the most wonderful family in the world 😉 We’re not perfect, but we ARE perfect for each other and I’m thankful that God put us together
4. I have the best parents on earth…they love me and understand me better than anyone else in the ‘entire-wire world’ (as we rhymer-timers like to say sometimes!)
5. that my birthday is on the 24th of December…it’s the best day to be born on! Being surrounded with Christmas decorations, secrets, plans, music, lights, traditions and family, and yet still having your own day is amazing. The number twenty-four will always be my favorite, I think!
6. that I’ve not gotten married yet…may sound strange to you girls but ’tis true 😀 When I think of all the memories and family things that I would have missed out on, and life is so lovely right now, I’m glad I’m where I’m at and don’t want it to change for awhile longer.
7. I kind of already said this in no. 2, but I have the most adorable, cute, charming, and ornery brothers I could ever ask for. I’m so glad God gave them to us!
8. That I have blessed assurance of my salvation and I know that I am my Saviour’s and He is mine! For several years I struggled with this, and it’s been two years now, about this time of year, that I’ve had blessed, wonderful, firm, unshakable assurance. Hallelujah!
9. That my sisters are my very bestest friends.
10. I am surrounded by many wonderful friends outside of my family
11. That my parents spent the time and money to give me music lessons.
12…also that Mommy took the time to teach me how to cook and sew and knit…and inspire me to keep learning…and that learning is fun.
13. SNOW! It makes me smile and skip, and like we girls say about things we *really* like, ‘it makes my heart sing!’
14. Ice cream…it’s even better than chocolate (though chocolate does bump up very close to ice cream!)
15. Goats and goats milk…even if the goats ARE cantankerous at times!
16. Airplanes & helicopters…I am my father’s daughter 😀
17. Christmas! There are so many memories and traditions we have…I just love it!
18.this farmhouse, my town and state…God put me in such a perfect spot 😀
19. That we girls all still like to make and wear matching jumpers…’tis so much fun! Maybe someday we’ll all be grannies and we’ll go out antique shopping together in bright matching patriotic outfits…you just never know 😀
20. the hope and assurance of eternal life…when I think about how real eternal life is, I can hardly wait! We certainly aren’t going to be sitting on clouds playing harps for thousands of years…we’re gonna meet people, do things, travel like you wouldn’t believe, rule and reign with Christ, and see Him face to face every day. And we’ll be able to sing as long as we like and never get tired and never mess up. And we’ll be perfect, and clean, and never-ever tempted again. sigh. I can’t wait!
21. that we were blessed with a family vacation this past fall…that was fun.
22. the 4H fair…it makes our lives insanely crazy during the month of June and part of July, but ’tis so much fun and we’ve learned so much through it 🙂
23. The cute things my little siblings say…like when Isaiah came and sat by me on the couch and smelled my clothes and giggled with delight and said, ‘you smell like crackers!!!’
24. The cuckoo clock just ‘cuckooed’ 12 times…that means…MERRY CHRISTMAS!
25. I am thankful that…”The LORD thy God in the midst of [me] is mighty; he will save , he will rejoice over [me] with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over[me] with singing.” That kind of joy Zephaniah was talking about is the kind where you spin around for gladness and excitement…isn’t it wonderful that He gets that excited about us?! Yes…and amazing!
Subscribe to get our blog posts in your inbox!