Four years ago today, we were going to go visit some friends, but for some reason we had to change it to the next day.

It was a normal day, a nice one enough one that the Rebekah and Charissa were playing outside.

Around five o’clock in the afternoon, both girls come in yelling that our barn  was on fire!

 

 

 

It’s one of those things where you know it happens to people, but its’ just something that you don’t ever dream of happening  to you!

 

 

Mommy went out to look, and saw that it certainly was on fire and ran inside to call 911. (Thank you God,  for  911 people!) 🙂

We ran out there, too, and got the goats out of the barn (the baby goats were in the same pen that the fire started, so they were especially in danger!)

We realize it probably wasn’t the wisest of things to do, but, your not always thinking straight when things happen like this. 🙂

 

 

Our local fire department arrived in no time, and, saving the day (or at least our day!),  put out the fire! 🙂 🙂 🙂

 

The next day as we were getting ready to leave for our friends house, one of the younger girls wrote this on our van window.  🙂

 

 

 

 

Certainly hooray to our local fire department! 🙂 We appreciate them muchly, we’ve had all three emergency vehicles in our driveway, and as Mommy likes to say about the emergency services, “We know that they work just fine!” 🙂

 

We had a lot of hay right there by the baby goats pen, so the fire had some extra good fuel! 🙂

 

 

 

 

The fire all started here:

 

 

 

 

From a heat lamp we had for the baby goats. They were getting big enough to reach it, and  they knocked it around so that it was facing the wall.

 

After the firemen left, we went to go survey the damage.

 

 

 

 

 

I remember the smell, dripping water and the eerie feel, especially at night when we had to do our animal chores with flashlights. 🙂

 

 

 

 

 

When Daddy fixed the hole, he didn’t take away all the charred wood. Much to my delight, because I like the charred look.  Sometimes I’ll go out to the barn and look at the heavily charred places, and just take it all in!    🙂

 

 

 

 

Looking through our new hole in the barn! 🙂 As you can see, the barn is very close to the house, if this would have happened in the night, our home and lives could have been in jeopardy! :0

 

 

 

 

The barn was fine structurally, just needed  some fixin’  upin’. 🙂  One fireman said that they don’t usually save barns like ours, because they are a big tinder box! 🙂

So there is the story of our barn fire, 🙂 I can hardly believe it has been 4 years!

 

 

We praise God for His protection and we praise God for firemen! 🙂

 

 

Now I’m off to go bake them some cookies! 🙂

 

~Cassia 🙂

Subscribe to get our blog posts in your inbox!
Has It Really Been Four Years?

6 thoughts on “Has It Really Been Four Years?

  • March 13, 2012 at 3:37 pm
    Permalink

    I’m glad your barn is still around 🙂

    Reply
    • March 13, 2012 at 3:45 pm
      Permalink

      Me too! I love that big, old barn!

      ~Cassia 🙂

      Reply
  • March 13, 2012 at 4:38 pm
    Permalink

    I want to see it sometime! 😀

    Reply
  • March 14, 2012 at 5:17 am
    Permalink

    oh dear! I’m glad no further damage happened! : )

    Love ~*Chantelle*~
    P.S. the dresses in the previous post are very cute! : )

    Reply
  • March 14, 2012 at 1:59 pm
    Permalink

    Ohhhh, that was…….thrilling. I know. We’ve never had a fire, but we had a great big cedar tree fall on the house a number of years ago. I was sitting in the window about thirty feet from the tree, and all the sudden we heard a big crack and I saw the tree come rushing towards me. Eeek! The whole house shook, but thankfully it didn’t do much damage besides smash the goat pen (all goats unhurt!) and poke a hole in the roof! So now we have a huge stump in our yard. Huge. 😀 We didn’t have to have emergency vehicles, though…….I’m so glad!

    Reply
  • March 14, 2012 at 7:58 pm
    Permalink

    I am also glad it did not burn up and that the baby goats were safe! If it was our barn I would have probably thought of getting the goats out first and then call 911. You know how I am about animals!

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.