I was browsing random blogs and came across this one about a contest of lemon recipes. Marie, at pumpkinsmomma, is hosting this contest in order to use up her lemons. So I decided to enter for fun : ) And, I do like Pampered Chef!
So, she is going to give away 2 $20 Pampered Chef gift certificates!
Here are the rules for the contest:
You have 3 ways to win! (So actually the same person could win twice!)
- 1st way is probably more fun – post any of your favorite lemon recipes on your blog and then explain her contest and link to her post so others can see the contest too. (and post a comment on her blog so I know she posted recipes, and on mine because we will both get benifits from it.
- 2nd way – is if you visit her Pampered Chef website and place an order for Pampered Chef products then she will enter you into the drawing for one of the gift certificates.
- 3rd way – you get your name in an extra time in one of the drawings if someone comes from your blog and enters her contest and gives the credit to you! And that person will get the small seasonal cookbook for free!
The contest will end Friday the 20th 2009. All recipes need to be in by the night before so she can announce the winners Friday.
So, if you have any favorite lemon recipes, (and like Pampered Chef ; ) please enter!!! And be sure to mention me when you comment on her blog so I can be entered again!!
Here are my recipes…both are absolutely delicious!!!!
We get these at the 4-H fair all the time and love them!! So we found a recipe that almost tastes like the bought ones.
~Lemon Shake Ups~
3/4 C. Water
1 Lemon, Peeled and halved-take seeds out
Dash of lemon peel
1/4-1/3 C. Sugar
Put all ingredients in blender except ice. Put crushed ice into 2 cups. Blend ingredients together and pour into cups. Delicious!!!
Here is another beverage that we all like a lot from missladybugs family.
TIME: Prep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh orange juice (about 5 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool.
Add juices and peel to cooled sugar syrup. Cover and let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Strain syrup; cover and refrigerate.
To serve, fill glasses or pitcher with equal amounts of fruit syrup and water. Add ice and serve. Yield: 12 servings.
~SusannahSubscribe to get our blog posts in your inbox!